Summer is traditionally a quiet time here at CRT, so we haven’t had a lot to report on via the blog. Yes, this will be the forth or fifth apple related post this week. It just seems to be that sort of summer. I promise I’ll have something non-iPhone related by the end of the week. Anyway…
Bruce Wolf, NAR’s current treasurer, sent me this to post on the blog as a follow up. As Bruce is a real estate practitioner, he has more of an “on the ground” review than mine. This might also be notable as I believe that Bruce is officially our first guest blogger. Bruce’s review after the jump.
I just read your iphone overview blog and I would like to offer mine as well.
I believe the iphone is sort of a hybrid PDA as it isn’t a Blackberry for the “crack berries” and it isn’t a pure “cell phones” that the Realtor’s love but in-between all of those features but with many more new ones! Maybe a “tweener”
So what isn’t it?
- It is not a Blackberry! But it gets multiple POP accounts and reads MS suite seamlessly. However deleting lots of Emails is a challenge so one must adjust!? However the emails in color I might add, the e-mails are very readable for us you need reading glasses and we can expand them!
- Well it’s is not a Treo either- No cut and paste, no funny faces in text messaging no third party applications and no stylus to lose, however as you got to get use to it or do need all that on a PDA? Maybe not, we don’t need to try to make it a lab top per-se! I will miss the funny faces though!
- It isn’t just an Ipod with a pretty face and cool photos, nice that those features are thrown in, but it isn’t another pretty little ipod but really a much more complex cool toy! May not just a camera phone but it takes great pictures of listings that can be Email on the spot to your customers, cool huh?
So what is it?
It a very well thought out “tweener” that’s syncs with your 2 most important business tools, Ical and address book and very quickly not like those black berries and treos. So then comes I tunes and photos which are lightening quickly to sync. So to set up it is very smart and easy for the all the non-Mac people!
Nice to have all your contacts in one place. Unlimited as well, so we Realtors need all those at our finger tips to do a “deal”. Cool beans!!! ATT may not be Verizon as too coverage but close. Hope they will enhance coverage as time goes on but I seem to be able carry on a civil conversion in most spots.
As I mentioned it is better than the treos but not as good as the blackies but it will work. We need to have EDGE to be enhanced but it gets by. What’s up with the WIFI??? It is sure is a hit miss problem even in my own house. Mentioned deleting all those emails, ugh! That’s got to go!
Boy the 2 MP camera is better than any PDA I have seen and great for Real Estate as I am carry all my listings on my “gizmo” and they look great to show all my zillion customers! Great ease of downloads and “upload” as it goes both ways. They are very REALTOR friendly and a winner there!
That is groovy! That will be handy to show property or find something you can’t find! That works!!!!
- Stock Market Widget
It is neat if your client is rolling in stocks, mine aren’t, they own Real Estate but you can tell how much you know about the market.
- Weather Widget
I love it as we “tors’ (short for Real a tors) need to know what’s out there weather-wise. That is real groovy also, like anywhere anytime, wow!
- In reality the true blue window users will not like the exchange server issues and lack of storage, but it does perform much easier for the Mac users rather than using 3 party applications. However it needs “tweaking” in lot of areas but that will come smoother and quickly from Apple.
- The phone is much easier to see because of its adjustable light system and once you get rid of your stylus and use you will let your fingers do the walking and the better you will like it.
- Youtube- Boy the jury is out there for me and it works really well, so I am not sure how I can use it but I will figure out a something. Hummmmm, maybe a video tour of one many zillion listings?
All in all it is a real new toy and I love it brightness, size and large screen and the coolness of its being “seen” with it.
Get one before they run out!