In the tenth Five for Wednesday: the future of Googling physical objects, how to mute people on Twitter, and more:
1. The Scio Scanner, about the size of thumb-drive, can determine the molecular makeup of food, medication, and other objects.
2. Twitter is rolling out a mute feature, which will keep your way-too-chatty friend’s tweets and retweets off your timeline.
3. You may have noticed Google pushed out a big update to Maps. Here’s a roundup of some of the new features.
4. If the idea of maintaining a lower profile online appeals to you, check out The Indie Box and run your own web services from your home network.
5. Need an introduction to net neutrality? Vox.com’s guide is a great place to start.