Shouting can help you find your iPhone, a reasonably-priced standing desk, and more in the 11th Five for Wednesday.
1. Marco Polo runs in the background of your iPhone (no Android version yet); when you shout “Marco!”, it replies “Polo!.” The range is pretty limited, but it does make finding your phone in a messy room or office easy. $0.99 in the App Store.
2. The StandDesk starts under $400 and you can raise or lower it at the touch of a button.
3. “Spend at least one hour a day focusing on learning something new related to (your) job.” Discover how one person helped keep himself smart, skilled, and employed.
4. Learn some great design principles from Apple. Their iOS Human Interface Guidelines is now free. Download as an e-Book here..
5. Looking for inspiration? Find some in NPR’s The Best Commencement Speeches, Ever.