Curated in this week’s Five for Wednesday: Instagram and real estate, the “most ambitious mobile hot spot ever made,” and more.
1. Instagram continues to surge in popularity, and it’s an increasingly important part of a real estate agent’s social media plan. Check out these 10 tips to make yourself an Instagram pro.
2. More on Instagram: read Inman’s real estate-specific advice.
3. It’s an all-in-one mobile hotspot, projector, back-up battery, and media streamer that weighs less than a pound and runs Android. Available later this week from Sprint for $449.
4. Samsung, Dell and Intel have formed the Open Interconnect Consortium, hoping to be the leaders in efforts to get gadgets from different manufacturers to talk to each other in the Internet of Things. Hopefully they’ll play nice with the Allseen Alliance, a similar group with similar goals (but backed by different manufacturers).
5. If you have an Android device and have been disappointed that you can’t mirror your display to Chromecast, it’s time to get happy: the feature is live for certain Android devices. Make sure you update your Chromecast app before you try this out.