Cool stuff this week, including a clip that keeps your phone or tablet where you can see it and live streaming video on Twitter.
- With the Apple Watch event behind us (still interested in the Pebble Time), there’s speculation about a smart band add on. We saw this from the founder of Pebble last week, but it’s very interesting here in this context with issues of battery life.
- There’s been some buzz on Twitter about a new iOS app called Meerkat. The app allows you to live stream video to your Twitter audience. There could be some very interesting implications in the real estate space for this technology. Live house tours come to mind. Pretty cool.
- Speaking of the Apple Watch, Matt Sundstrom from Backchannel posted to Medium five ideas he’d like to see for interaction from the Apple Watch. I really like his thinking on this. My favorites are the haptic feedback for directions so you don’t have to keep looking at your watch and music that changes based on your activity level.
- I just received a little piece of hardware that I think is going to serve me well. It’s called the Mountie. It clips to the side of your laptop monitor and it mounts your phone or tablet to the side. This is a really good thing for people who may be doing a web conference call or looking to tether their phones on a commute. I think the use case for someone like me is as a second monitor using an app like Duet.
- Finally, want email templates for your web mail? There’s a free Chrome extension called Gorgias (there is a paid version as well with more functionality). It allows you to create customized template emails very quickly. Check it out.
BONUS: Wearables are going to be a big part of the devices we use once we become acclimated to them. Who knows if the Apple Watch will do that? Luke Wroblewski, a person who knows a LOT about mobile wrote a piece on what these devices can offer us. Think about what he’s saying in the context of real estate and how this could change interaction. I’m very excited.
That’s it for this week. If there are any apps or products you think we should highlight here, let us know. Tweet us at crtweet #54W. Thanks!