Scanning your face to determine your biological age, IBM and the Internet of Things, and budget smartwatches. These things and more in Five for Wednesday.
- Feeling older than you really are? Younger? There’s an algorithm for that. Researchers in China can scan your face and, “with a high degree of accuracy,” determine your biological age. As you might expect, medical providers are pretty excited about this.
- IBM is plunging headlong into the Internet of Things, just having reached an agreement to get weather data from The Weather Company. Along with some other acquisitions, IBM’s IoT platform is certainly becoming a force to be reckoned with.
- The words “budget” and “smartwatch” aren’t used together very often. That said, here’s a roundup of budget smartwatches.
- VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) offer great security and other benefits, but which ones are the best? Depends what your needs are. Check out Lifehacker’s guide to picking the one that’s right for you.
- Reviews of Samsung’s forthcoming Galaxy S6 smartphone are glowing. c|net, The Verge, and Gizmodo are among those who are enthralled.