Turn Your Phone Into an Infrared Camera, PayPal and Square Have Some Competition, and More
Infrared photography comes to the smartphone, Facebook takes on Square and PayPal, and three more items are in this week’s Five for Wednesday:
- The Flir One turns your cell phone into an infrared camera. As The Verge points out, there are some great possible uses for homeowners.
- REALTORS® spend a lot of time in their cars, and no doubt encounter a few jerky drivers on the way. Can road rage be countered by lighting up an electronic smiley face? New start-up MotorMood thinks so.
- Technology should do many things; making you feel ill isn’t one of them. Researchers at Stanford are working to make VR less, um, barfy.
- Camera and lensmaker Olympus has brought out the Air, which looks like a lens but attaches to smartphones and tablets, creating an advanced camera system.
- Did you know you can send money to others using Facebook Messenger? We didn’t, but you can. PayPal and Square, watch out.