Windows 10 and Microsoft’s new web browser were released today, and that noise you just heard was a deafening sigh of relief from Microsoft headquarters. These things and more in this week’s Five for Wednesday.
- When’s the last time you heard “I recommend you upgrade (Windows) without reservation?” Yeah, it’s been a while, but the reviews of Windows 10 are glowing; here’s a thorough one.
- If sparkling reviews of Windows 10 aren’t enough to blow your mind, Microsoft’s new Edge browser is apparently pretty good too.
- Last Windows 10 item, pinky swear: Wired provides some tips on how to upgrade.
- Forget fingerprints: voice biometrics is the new biometrics. A Dutch bank allows its customers to log into their accounts using their voice alone. How is this possible? Turns out each human voice is absolutely unique.
- A forthcoming health and wellness app allows you to take pictures of what you eat; the pictures in turn are analyzed to determine how many calories you’ve just consumed. Not sure if this is unique, but it sure is cool.