Energy Vampires, Self-Driving Ubers, Delivery Drones, and More in Five for Wednesday
In this week’s Five for Wednesday:
- You’ve probably heard of vampire draw — the phenomenon wherein your switched-off appliances consume energy, costing you money — but did you know smart outlets and smart power strips can help you save some dough? Here’s how.
- If you’re in San Francisco and ask Uber to give you a lift, don’t be shocked if no one’s at the wheel. Driverless Ubers are in the wild.
- The first Amazon Prime Air delivery happened on Dec 7. Did Amazon record it? Of course they did.
- Google WiFi is sold out everywhere (boo!), but it’s not the only new WiFi extender or mesh network solution out there. Mashable quite likes Plume.
- Just last week CRT Labs’s very own Adrienne Ciskey wrote a persuasive post about voice control and the future of the Internet of Things. And look: she’s not alone! Recode weighs in similarly.