Thanks for reading the first Five for Wednesday of 2017!
- Some think smartphones have become a bit, well, boring. But 2017’s crop of smartphones might get us excited again if they deliver on these features.
- We’re keeping our fingers crossed that Wired magazine is wrong, but here’s their list of the biggest security threats we may face in the year to come.
- Have you noticed that LinkedIn doesn’t suffer from the fake news problems other sites do? There’s a reason for that.
- You’re likely to see TONS of articles this week about this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES), opening tomorrow. Of course there are already slideshows of new gadgets: here’s one to get you started.
- Lastly, need something to read? Wired’s collection of their favorite long reads published in 2016 is fantastic.